Tuesday 23 July 2013

How To Fix Moisture Craving, Sensitive Skin

This year the winter weather has dried out my skin like never before. It got to the point where I had a very unattractive red dry patch on my cheek. I have very sensitive skin. Anything with a nice scent or colour will make my skin burn. I was previously using a face moisturiser by the brand simple. It didn’t irritate my skin but it also didn’t seem to be helping it.

Last Monday I paid a quick visit to Lush. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this incredible store they sell fresh handmade cosmetics. I love their bath and shower products but had never really tried their face products (other than a Cupcake Face Mask. Yum!). I asked the shop attendant for advice on which products would be most moisturising and soothing. We eventually settled on two products a face moisturiser, Celestial and a Fresh Face Mask, Oatifix.

Celestial is made specifically for sensitive skin. It acts as a barrier cream so that moisture can’t escape from the skin. It is also supposed to have a calming effect. The scent is light, clean and reminds me a bit of milk. It is more on the thick side compared to some other moisturisers but it doesn’t feel heavy on your face. I have been using this moisturiser morning and evening. It comes in a 45g container. I find I only need a tiny bit to cover my whole face. In Australia it will cost you $27.95. The ingredients: Vanilla Water, Almond Oil, Almond Milk, Glycerine, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Singapore Orchid Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.



Oatifix is said to ‘cleanse, soften and moisturise dry sensitive skin’ exactly what I needed. I have used this three times so far and I am really enjoying it. The only thing I am not a fan of is the chunky texture which makes it hard to spread evenly and can be a bit messy. It smells like banana and cinnamon porridge. When on the skin it feels relaxing and calming. I leave it on my face for the full 10 minutes because I need all the moisture I can get. The Fresh Face Masks have to be kept in the fridge because they have a short shelf life of about 3 weeks due to the fresh ingredients used. The shop assistant suggested that it is best to use this face mask 3 times a week.  It comes in a 75g tub and costs $16.95. The ingredients: Glycerine, Fine Oatmeal, Fresh Organic Bananas, Water, Ground Almonds, Illipe Butter, Kaolin, Talc, Vanilla Pod, Vanilla Absolute, Sandalwood Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Coumarin, Benzyl Cinnamate, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract.

Within 2 days of using these products my skin was already looking fresh and moisturised. There were no dry patches in sight. I love Lush products and would recommend them to anyone. The staff have always been very helpful and knowledgeable.


What are your favourite Lush products?

No comments:

Post a Comment