Friday 17 October 2014

A Unique Birthday Gift

It was my birthday last Wednesday and I received so many thoughtful and generous gifts but one in particular was very unique. I thought I would share with you all what it was in case you are ever in need of an idea for something a little different to give to a loved one.

Firstly a little background to this present. It came from my boyfriend Ryne. In November he is going back over to the US to play rugby. I am staying in Australian and visiting him when I can (flights to America are expensive!).

I was given 3 clues to this present.
1: It was something that still needed to be delivered to his house but I could see it any time I wanted.
2: 'You talk about it at least once a week.'
3: 'You are more beautiful than all of them combined' (He is a true romantic)

I was given the first clue about a week out from my birthday the second clue about 4 days before my birthday and the last clue right before I opened my present. I was determined to figure out what it was!! I joked that it would be a puppy but I had no idea what it was even after the 3rd clue.

I unwrapped the gift and Ryne had bought me a star! As in an actual star in the Libra constellation (that is my star sign). Thinking about it now I do talk about the stars a lot because I am always telling Ryne to look up when ever we are outside. Who can blame me I like sparkly things and they are so pretty. The star Ryne chose can be seen in Australia for 6 months of the year and in America for 6 months of the year which is perfect for us because then one of us can keep an eye on it year round. He named the star 'Bridget's Keeper' because it will watch over me when he isn't able to (soooo sweet).

Certificate from the International Star Registry

The map of the Libra Constellation. The little red circle is my star.

Libra constellation (Source)

Last night we went outside and found my star (I was so excited). It is a gift that I will have forever (Well at least until it gets old and explodes). The information that came with the certificates states 'Generations to come will be able to look to the star named and locate it in the night skies- and that's a beautiful thought.' I agree with this and  feel very luck to have been so spoilt on my birthday.

If you want to look into buying a star visit the International Star Registry website.

If you have any unique gift ideas I would love to hear them!

Bridget xo

No comments:

Post a Comment